Because of our confidential record keeping (on paper in the past but now electronically) and vulnerable adults attending HGG, we need to have policies in place to ensure that we follow the correct procedures to protect members security and safety.
Accordingly, the following policies were formulated and adopted at the Annual General Meeting held in June 2017.
They are ‘live’ documents which means they can be amended by agreement of the committee and will be reviewed each year before the next AGM.
Why have laid down policies?
Because they –
- give guidance on how to make decisions or carry out certain tasks
- create confidence and ease decision-making
- protect our volunteers from acting illegally or in a manner that might endanger
- the safety of themselves and others
- help initiate prompt actions