We are now able to meet and work at our usual outdoor tasks and sites
Our latest working policy:
We limit the total number of people on HGG tasks to 30
Social distancing measures must be adhered to and all tasks carried out must allow for this
If this is not possible you should stay at least one metre apart and take additional steps, like wearing a face covering. This is a last resort; you should continue to stay two metres apart as much as possible.
Thoroughly wash your hands soap and warm water before and after carrying out any practical work
During tasks, use hand sanitiser to clean hands if gloves are removed or breaks are taken
Wear a face covering at the meeting place and while walking to and from the work site with others
Wear gloves at all times when carrying out any practical work. Wash them after use
Only work in the green space when it is quiet. If possible display the HGG banner to help show that the work is part of an organised task
Where possible use your own tools. If there has been a need to share tools, please ensure that they are disinfected after use
Bring your own refreshments
If possible walk, cycle or use your own transport to reach our meeting places.
- If you are showing any of the Covid-19 symptoms or are currently self-isolating you must not undertake volunteer activities.
- If you belong to a high risk group we recommend that you do not take part in volunteer activities at this time.
- Anyone with symptoms should self-isolate for 10 days from when their symptoms started
- Anyone who does not have symptoms should self-isolate for 14 days from when the first person in your home started having symptoms.
Litter picking in your spare time
- If litter pickers or bags are needed, Ryan can supply. If you find large amounts of litter, please let him know so he can organise collection. If you are working at Chesworth then litter can be put in the bulk bins. If you are elsewhere please take home small quantities where possible or contact Ryan for collection. Litter picking tools and gloves essential.
If you have any concerns or questions in relation to volunteering at this time then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with either Ryan or Sam
Ryan Allison, Volunteer Support Warden – email@example.com
Download the phone numbers you may need if there is an emergency – PDF file (66KB) two pages
Updated April 2021